Thursday, 31 July 2014
Happy Birthday, Harry!
If you’ve been a reader of my blog for a long time already, you would know how much I love reading (and re-reading) books. But out of all the books I’ve read, the Harry Potter Series will always be the one closest to heart. I have never read a book with so much fervor, so much emotion, so much feels, than with the HP series. I have so much love for it, in fact, that I’ve read every book four times for the past 21 years of my existence.
And to commemorate the birthday of Harry Potter (and J.K. Rowling, you amazing woman you) I’ve listed seven memorable quotes in honor of the seven books that became a huge part of my childhood, as well as the lives of millions of readers around the world.
What is left of my physical collection. Don’t you just hate it when people do not know how to return borrowed books? (sigh)
1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.” - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone)
2. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
3. “Don’t let the Muggles get you down!” - Ronald Weasley (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
4. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
5. “Give her hell from us, Peeves.” - Fred Weasley (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
6. “Once again, you show all the sensitivity of a blunt axe” - Nearly Headless Nick (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)
7. “After all this time?” "Always…" - Severus Snape (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Happy Birthday, Harry! Thank you for all the magic!