Tuesday, 18 February 2014
Sweet Treats make for Happy Tummies
I always believe that it’s better late than never, so when Cupcake Twist Etc. sent me a half dozen cupcake jars as a post-birthday treat, I got as giddy as a bear who just got his honey (hashtag #sabawmoteh) If you’ve been a reader of my blog for sometime already, you would know that I generally do not like too sweet things, that’s why I was skeptical at first about cupcake jars. Prior to actually tasting one, I’ve always though they were made up of 60% frosting, 20% topping and 20% actual cake, but I was proven wrong!
The verdict: In general, all the cakes were moist and not airy. They are a bit on the heavy side though so I suggest that you share them or at least try not to finish them in one sitting (that’s what the resealable jars are for!) Presentation wise, everything was pretty to look at, thanks to the transparent jars! (Hashtag #instagramworthy) You can see each layer and can anticipate which part of the cake will hit your tongue next! I’ve always been afraid of sending perishable items through mail also, so just imagine my relief when I discovered that these can survive the humps and bumps of mail delivery! Perfect for gifting, don’t you think?
So anyway, I shared these jars with my family, after taking a bite (okay, okay, maybe a little more than that. Haha!) from each. Here’s a quick rundown of the flavors Cupcake Twist Etc. sent me!
1. Nutty Chocolate (4/5) - I was never a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together, but this particular jar was an exception. The chocolate cupcake, peanut butter mix and choco ganache all complemented each other perfectly and this jar was emptied in minutes!
2. Banana Decadent (4/5) - A personal favorite, probably because I love anything with bananas. Plus points for the chocolate ganache and…wait for it, salted caramel sauce! The cake part was a bit drier than the others though, but so what. Salted caramel. Yes.
3. Blueberry (5/5) - Another favorite! Blueberry cheesecakes will always be on top of my list of favorite cakes (next to carrot cakes!) This was actually one of the jars I had trouble staying away from! It was that good.
4. Lemon Custard (4/5) - This would probably be the most moist among all the jars. This was both my parents’ favorite jar also! Probably because of its not being too sweet. The tartiness never bordered the unpleasant kind too, which is good.
5. Chocolate Overload (3/5) - Okay, the siblings will probably disagree with me (because this was their favorite among the rest!) but I gave this a 3 because 1. Chocolate overload, 2. Chocolate overload and 3. Chocolate overload. If you’re into those kind of things though, then this jar is for you!
6. Red Velvet (3.5/5) - Not the best Red Velvet Cupcake I’ve ever had, but it’s good enough! The color is extra pretty too! I kept thinking how this would be the most perfect give for a loved one who loves desserts! Are you getting ideas now? Haha!
View this link for the complete list of their products along with their respective prices. For more information, like Cupcake Twist Etc. on Facebook.
Sweet treats make for happy tummies. Thank you so much Cupcake Twists Etc! :)